Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

love this life

Hello, Everyone!

I've been a scrappin' fool this week. I've also been cleaning up my stash and making quick kits to help me use up some great stuff.

I'm enjoying my b r e a k from design teaming but one of the things I love about DTs is using stuff I wouldn't normally pick for myself. Today, I'm showing off A Charmed Life by Simple Stories thanks to Memorable Seasons.

I started with a sketch from Scrap Our Stash. A couple of challenges also helped move the design of this layout along. The sketch doesn't include that 6x12 piece of card stock but Louise's Recipe Challenge does!

The hexagons are fussy cut from 24/Seven by Simple Stories. Once again, I wouldn't have thought of  it without Louise's challenge. She also required bling. I messed up a bit on the fussy cutting and covered my mistake with a nice brad and accented with bits of green bling. Ta-da! I was also thrilled to discover an opportunity for a journaling spot while I was fussy cutting the hexagons. Perfect!

I love these corrugated words from Jillibean Soup. I started with just the "Life" piece but added "love" and "this" because of Tammi's Love This Challenge at My Scraps & More. "#LOVE" is a sticker from A Charmed Life by Simple Stories. "this" letters are from Persimmon by Basic Grey- another collection I wouldn't have considered without Memorable Seasons and then found it absolutely superior!

I cut this long border sticker in half and then accented with punched corners like the sketch. The sticker with the row of hearts is also from Simple Stories.

Thanks to Louise (again), I added this lovely bit of ribbon. It's so sweet just like the photo! I think it really ties things up... hehehehe.

The "friday" tab is from simple Stories. The blocks of pattern paper really looked plain so I introduced doodling on the edges. Works for me. The spots of green are leftovers from the border sticker I used below.

A border sticker from Simple Stories. I used the punched spots all over my layout.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

PaperCutsForU said...

I actually really like what you did with the title! Journaling on the hexagon is perfect too.