Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Make a Bow Tutorial

I made this card tonight. You can see the process for coloring with pencils here. The colors in the photos are a tad wonky but that's what I get for taking pictures at night!

The stamp is by Inkadinkado, stamped with Archival black, and colored with pencils. The patterned paper is by K and Company, distressed with Heidi Swapp distess tool ($2). I used a Whispers brand dark green marker and ruler to draw the lines. The trim is American Crafts. The charm and bamboo charm are from the jewelry section at Michael's. LOVE bamboo twine, not furry like regular twine.



I like to use a magnet to help me make my bows. I use a Basic Grey Magnetic Cutting Mat. Don't have a magnet? Try using a piece of Scotch tape or put a little repositionable adhesive under the ribbon where the magnet would be.

Pull a piece of trim and place magnet about 6 inches in. Whatever makes you comfortable. You'll need less to work with as you get better.

Being right-handed, I start by making a loop on the right.

Add the second loop on the left, just like tying a shoe. That magnet simply acts like a finger.

Pull securely. Looks dumb? That's okay.

Remove the magnet.

Adjust by pull the loops and tails until you like it.

Cut tails to desirable length.

2 comments:

Micupoftea said...

Hey! Good idea to use the magnet...I have this set. Thanks for the idea :)

Kelly said...

thanks for sharing! Your cards are beautiful!