Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

home improvement (you did it)

Inspired by the current MME challenge again!

Followed the sketch by Anam Stubbington. The papers are mostly from 
Lime Twist's "Fly a Kite" by My Mind's Eye.

A few months, I discovered this lovely work of art on our antique dining table. Now, you can also see that this dining table has seen better days. However, discovering that my little guy helped himself to my embossing stylus and some wood as an artistic medium left my head spinning a wee bit. It is a picture of himself and his mommy, complete with hearts and a rainbow. He tried to tell me that Superman did it. I had to tell him, "No, YOU did it." Poor kid. Only child.


Some clouds from a Fiskars punch, accented with distress ink and stickles. I do love the current cloud trend! The two brads are from My Lil Robot by MME.

The brad on the left is also from Lil Robots. The checklist and journaling spot are both by MME. The journaling spot is propped with foam.

These fun strips were cut from the manufacturer's strip. I used quite a bit of the paper from the manufacturer's strips on this LO, including these strips, some of the clouds, 
and the green polka dot piece.



"home" is from the Brown Lush collection by MME. "IMPROVEMENT" is from my Dymo labeler. The foam dotted "6" is a sticker from the Fly a Kite collection. 
 The decorative border is a negative from a Fiskars border punch, leftover from another project.

The tree-lookin' things are cut from Fine and Dandy "True Blue" by MME. They are leftovers from a previous project. The creature is from American Crafts.

A random piece of lace from my random basket. The lightbulbs are a stamp from Sassafras.
"100% Authentic" is a stamp from 7Gypsies.

Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

Frank Garcia said...

Hey hun!!! Thanks for the love on my last layout!!! Love this one, so filled with fun colors, and love the clouds so cute! Hope you are well!

Frank

Whitney said...

I think his art work is absolutely darling!! Especially since it's a pic of him and his mommy! <3 (Then again it's not my table hahaha..)

Tanya Ham said...

OMGoodness! What a perfect way to document this!! So glad I found your blog through scrapbook.com! New follower! ;)

elvira said...

Lovely, you used so many cute embellishments on that page.
Darn! Superman :). It may me smiled, I have been there with my two "artistic" boys.