Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Best Wishes

I've been eyeballing Marlene's card for awhile now. 
I'm really into stamping but I often overlook the potential for featuring die cuts.

I finally got a wild hair and decided to give it a try.
I used papers from Carolina Breeze by Teresa Collins. This collection is quickly becoming a favorite! I love the trendy grey and yellow. The little sentiment is from Hot Off the Press. I went with straight stitching instead of zigzag. I definitely need a new white pen!

The die cut I used is from Walk In My Garden. This is definitely a cart that I rarely use so it was a great opportunity to show some love. I also appreciated the Cuttlebug embossing.

I always line the inside of my cards. I was feeling extra froggy and added a decorative corner.

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Courtney V said...

This is absolutely gorgeous..I love that paper...I dont think I have seen it before...great job!!

Tanya Ham said...

**LOVE** yellow and gray lately myself!! :) I really love this card, and that stitching really makes it!

Marlene said...

Lovely Card! I'm glad to see you found inspiration in one of my cards! Love the color combo...so sweet.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fabulous job, Alissa. That was one of my very first carts. Now I have a bazilion and don't use them! What's up with that?

Dena said...

Hey there!! This card is so very pretty! LOVE yellow and you worked this one perfectly!!!
Hey, you said you are in Katy, well, tomorrow me and a friend are going to Archivers if you want to meet up with us. We are going arount 11:30 or 12.
Hugs, Dena