Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Magazine and Lady Raven



(Scroll down for my blog RAK)

Today Whimsy Stamps is releasing its first issue of the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Magazine! It's packed with amazing samples from the design team and customers as well as three different tutorials that you can follow along with step-by-step. We are excited to bring you samples that have never been seen before and we hope that they will inspire you to create using your favorite Whimsy products! You can find the magazine here: http://issuu.com/whimsystamps/docs/issue1 Please feel free to leave your comments and click the Facebook "Like" button to let us know that you enjoyed it!

My Card in the Magazine.

I visited Kenny K's store last year but just sort of shrugged my shoulders. Not my style and all... WELL... I needed a "fun" girl that I could dress up like Lady Gaga. I have a friend who is a BIG fan and I thought it would be great fun to give him this birthday card.

Kenny K calls her Lady Raven. Don't like digis? Wouldn't she look great heat embossed and shiny? She is available as the trendy cling rubber stamp at Whimsy Stamps. I used Scarlett paper by Glitz Design. Perfect, right?! I used the Distrezz-it-all and TH black ink on the edges. Some machine stitching. I also dabbed the black ink on the white lace. The background is glimmer misted with silver for extra sparkle. 

I used Prismacolor pencils and OMS. Topped with stickles, glitter gel pen, glaze pens, and glossy accents. I used a gold leafing pen (like a fancy paint marker) on the edges of the spellbinder die cut. Lady was fussy cut and pop dotted to the mat.

The sentiment is handwritten with a micron pen. The musical brad is from The Girls Paperie.

1 comment:

Just Jaime said...

hahaha I love the sentiment!