Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Love You

This card is going to be for my very own mommy! She loves pink, blue, green, flowers, and 
stuff that sparkles. Think I covered all that?

I've fallen in love with using 6x6 papers on my cards over the last month or so, thus a buying addiction. However, I always sighed and rolled my eyes when I flipped through this MME Miss Caroline paper pad and saw that background paper, with the dark wood and flowers. I just didn't like it. Then, I saw this card by Claudia. So THAT'S how it's done! As usual, she is brilliant with layering. I always love how she mixes colors for matting. It certainly takes the fuss out of matching everything. Well, let me just admit it: most of this card is fashioned after hers. At least, it's for someone really special!

I know I just posted my farewell to Whimsy Stamps but I'll never be tired of their digis. This one is by Crissy Armstrong. I colored her with Prismacolor pencils and blended with OMS. I used Distress Ink on the edges, blue and green.

The flowers are a blend of Prima and Recollections. The little metal piece I found on eBay. I used my Cricut to cut a perfect paper oval and filled it with a sentiment from Hot Off the Press, 
topped with Glossy Accents.

Have you made something for your mom? Leave a direct link in the comments and I will check it out!

6 comments:

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful card! Love all the details! See you at HC DT! Hugs!

Diana Joy said...

Beautiful card... so many fabulous elements/layers to it. tfs.

Sandy said...

beatiful card!

Candy said...

Very pretty! I like the colors!

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

so many wonderful things to look at (and love) on this card!

Rose Red said...

so pink and girly!!! She's gonna love it! Yep, I've made a card for my mom but haven't posted it yet.