Pages

Friday, August 27, 2021

Dazzling Dahlia *Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop*

   Welcome to my post for the


Alumni Blog Hop!

Be sure to leave a comment on all the participating blogs. The hop closes on Monday, August 30th. The winner will be announced on the HC blog and on FB on Wednesday, September 1st. Be sure to email Heartfelt Creations at socialmedia@heartfeltcreations.us with
"Winner of the August Alumni Hop" in the subject line.

What happens when you create with a collection... you don't like?

Full disclosure: When I first started working with Dazzling Dahlia Paper Collection, I complained. A lot. Out loud. I did not (do not) understand all this orange and purple together. And pink and yellow and green. Apparently, this collection is fiercely independent and doesn't need me to understand it.

That leaves me feeling outwitted by a paper collection.

I'm pretty sure these butterflies are laughing at me.

I didn't wait long enough for the Stickles to dry. So, when I added the prills, random bits got caught in the Stickles. This paper collection now has its own deity. We have a divine intervention!

It's easy to stuff leaves under flowers,
but how about some random tags and some sparkly, too?

Do I like this color scheme now? NO.
Am I still creating with it?. YEP. Can't help myself. Come back next month.


Thanks for stopping by!



21 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow, Alissa! This is just soooo gorgeous! You already know how much I love this card. Your flowers are stunning! Thanks for hopping with us this month my friend! xo

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome job on the flowers -- pretty card

Carole Wright said...

Your card is fabulous, you would not know that you didnt love the collection! x

Martie Rollin said...

Despite your comments about this collection, you have done a wonderful job on this project. LOVE your flower centers!! Beautiful! We don't have to like every collection, but if you're on a design team, the obligation to create and showcase the product(s) is always a priority. This is a lovely card!

Beckie Williams said...

I just love your honesty!!! Your card is so pretty!! and I love your accident prills!!

Lorna said...

So pretty Alissa.

Melanie Smith said...

Love the way you shaped your Daliah:-) beautiful!

Jo Williams said...

Great job. Beautiful flowers.

Linda Grape said...

That's a sweet card! Loved it!

Kasia Handmade Cards said...

This is so very cute!!  Lovely project!!

Kasia Handmade Cards said...

This is so very cute!!  Lovely project!!

Suzy Q said...

Lol!!! And I know exactly what you mean! But the amazing creation you made...might just make me think twice about this collection! Luv how you pulled everything together and created such a beauty of a card! Prills, stickles and all! Thanks so much for the inspiration...Suzy Q

Pumkin555 said...

Beautiful, I love all the different elements and layers of this card!

Linda Eaton said...

Your card and flowers are fantastic. Thank you!

Judy3118 said...

I love your card and I like your accidental placement of the prills. Neat mishap!

Jen said...

I like the texture you extended to the petals. That's a lovely detail. Great card. Thanks for sharing your talent!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

I love your beautiful card Alissa, but your commentary is priceless. Thanks for the chuckle!

Denise S said...

Really beautiful card. It was well thought out from what I can tell.

Denise Bryant said...

I love the way you assembled this beautiful card! Lovely creation!

SandiB said...

Love all the beautiful details of your card. Thanks for sharing with us.

Glenda said...

This card is such a lovely piece my friend! Well done!