Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

all these things

Chuck Campbell was my high school band director. He made such a huge difference in my life. It broke my heart when he passed away at 70 years old on July 30th.

The photo on the left was taken at one of his final events this year. The photo on the right was taken during my senior year in '99. Started with a sketch Sketchabilities. Papers from MM, G45, and Paper Studio.

I used a music mask by TH with glimmer mist. I also used music tape whimsically around the pictures. The writing around the pictures says "Whatever makes a person GREAT, Mr. Campbell was all these things."

I probably have too much going on in this corner. But, you know what, that's kind of how it is with any successful band program. Too much going on :) ... Journaling spot by Colorbok. Ruler sticker by TH. Clock tag by G45. Music bauble by Prima. "Play on" stamp by Technique Tuesday. Border punch by EK Success. Amazing Grace stamp by Heartfelt Creations.

Piano stamp by Technique Tuesday. Circle sentiment stamp by CTMH. Tickets by Maya Road.

Thickers and the Amazing Grace stamp.

If you read all this, I really appreciate you. Mr. Campbell was extremely special.

2 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Love the "Amazing Grace" stamp. Again, I'm sorry for your loss!

Unknown said...

Favorite teachers become that way for a very good reason. I'm sorry to read of his passing. You've made an awesome tribute to his memory -- not too much going on at all!