Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Gift Card Holders

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! It's only 8:30 and I've made cookie dough, a pumpkin pie, and peanut butter fudge. AND my kitchen is clean. Who's impressed? No one? Oh. Well. Maybe you'll like my handy dandy gift card holders!

 Left: Sticker by K and Company. Right: Felt sticker from Eskimo Kisses by Basic Grey.

Left: Vintage cut by Crafty Secrets. Right: Stamp by Crafty Secrets, Vintage Christmas (I think).

I got this idea from Cardmaker magazine last year and I still can't get enough of them. They are so cute and so handy. I made seven yesterday! I cut the hinges with my Expression, Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. The papers are My Mind's Eye. I used some Basic Grey ribbon and some Christmas ribbon from Michael's (dirt cheap right now! Go get some!). I do love to make bows but I was pressed for tie so I settled for putting a simple knot in the ribbon trim and topped with a brad. I believe the brads are HOTP. I picked them up super cheap at a convention last summer. 

I used stickers and vintage cuts to avoid the complication of stamping. However, that Santa stamp is simply perfect with Memento ink. No chalking, no inking, no coloring and I do like the simplicity! WHEW!

3 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

these are precious..wow...you have been a busy chick this morning.....thanks for visiting and for following...I also have a list of techniques at the top of my blog it is labeled "just 4 you"...I am always looking to add to this list. There are different ideas and how to's there..here is a link....thanks again and Merry Christmas! helping others and reading your thoughts and comments really makes my day:)

http://enjoythevasunshine.blogspot.com/p/just-4-you.html

enjoy *~*

Micupoftea said...

Hi there! I AM impressed! Cookies, pie and gift card holders...you go, girl~ Merry Christmas, Alissa :)

Annie said...

These are totally gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!