Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Masking and Misting Tutorial, Card Update

If you shy away from glimmer mist because of the messy splotches, try it anyway and coach yourself into embracing the splotch :)

I started with this sketch for inspiration. Love her sketches! I picked a mask and secured with my handy magnets. Repositionable adhesive (picture left) actually does better but I skipped it this time.

Shake and spray. Some people have theories that admonish shaking and encourage swirling. All I have to say about that: Whatever. If the sprayer stops working, take off the cap off sprayer and rinse in running water. Works like a charm. Anyway, I use a paper towel to dab excess. You can choose to use a heat gun for faster drying. I did.

Dry and ready. Some of the mist leaked under the mask. This occurs less often when I use repositionable adhesive but for this LO it doesn't matter.


Quick rub on tip (because I love rub ons): You do not have to cut your design out of the sheet. This is a hassle especially when the rub ons are close together. Reposition the backing sheet to protect your surface from rub ons that you don't want to use. Here, the backing is still under the "A."

You can see where I've used the rub ons on the right and didn't have to cut anything. I also like how this keeps my rub on sheets nice and neat.

Finished LO. The papers are from Grandma's Kitchen by WRMK. Various rub ons by Daisy D's and Pink Paislee. Doodling with a micron pen. Clear floral stickers by American Crafts. Cardstock stickers from Rusted Sun by Fancy Pants. Purple brads by MM.



Update on my recent card. Added some stickles!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Alissa...love your "whatever" haha! I have found that "swirling" takes forever to get all the glimmer off the bottom, where as shaking really gets the job done! LOL Love your tutorial and thanks for sharing the tips. I love everything you've done to the bg of the LO! It looks wonderful!

Great card...that stamp work is just beautiful!

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Love the card. So beautiful.....