Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Blog Hop Q&A

We crafters love to ask questions and today's post features questions and answers. I hope you brought something to drink! If you're kind to enough to visit and leave a comment, let me know what you're drinking.

My online friend and scrapbook extraordinaire Wendy Antenucci invited me to join this hop. Her style always inspires me and she's really gotten into my head with her love for gold! And then there's her Project Life pages. I'm always all, "Project Life: Barf." And then I see hers and I'm like, "OOooooooh, Ima try it." Go visit her! You won't be sorry.

1. What am I working on right now? I pulled this layout out of my album last night. 

It's just boring. I would love to hear your opinions on how to make it more exciting! Even if you think I should just start over.

2. How long does it take to create a project? One of my ultra fancy cards with a colored image takes about 5 hours. Layouts take 1-3 hours. I'm really into making kits from my own stash these days and that makes layouts come together so much faster.


A slow card.

A fast layout.

3. What are my favorite things I love to create with at the moment? Monsters and hearts. I haven't been using enough monsters lately. On a recent layout, my sister suggested it still needed a monster. I agree.


4. How does my writing/creating process work? Sometimes, I start with a scrap lift... a sketch... a challenge... a manufacturer... a picture... a story... Recently, I was cleaning off my table and accidentally made a whole new layout in the process.

This one.
Yeah. I was putting things away and suddenly started fussy cutting this hexagon paper from Crate Paper.

I don't have a writing process. Sounds cool, though. I'll work on that. Anyone have links to journalism-for-dummies type sites?

5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired? I have been a lean, green scrappin' machine this summer. I love having all this free time to check out different sites and challenges. Once the school year starts, I'm hoping that having (at least) 6 homemade kits to choose from will keep me going. Having a bunch of fun, coordinating items all packed together really helps the process.

6. What is my signature style? Cards: Cleanliness. Layouts: Sloppiness and the random creature feature.




I'm going to tag my sister Vivian to be next in this Blog Hop Q&A. I hope to see answers to these questions on her blog next week! She is such a thoughtful scrapper. She rocks the boy layouts and the things she does with die cuts will amaze you!

3 comments:

antenucci said...

I think the hexagon layout is amazing, you can see it didn't take any effort and it is wonderful to look at. Wow, 5 hours for a card, I couldn't be bothered, but I am sure glad you bother. Can't wait to visit your sister's blog.

Heather said...

great layouts!! love it

PaperCutsForU said...

Perhaps another "circle" of paper behind the photos to compliment the circles elsewhere? The title doesn't speak to me . . . Maybe more layers or more words in different font? I also think it's missing splashes of a complimentary, but different color. Like a red? OH, it's also missing an alien!
I will do my best to make you proud you chose me for the hop!