Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Evolution of a Layout: god family

My layouts are wild but I'm picky.

I had watched a video about watercolor pencil technique and I was so excited to try it out. I really like the way it looks here but it warped my paper something terrible. Also, I can't stand that brown die cut and the flags are killin' me.

So, I ripped off most of the brown die cut but I was still unhappy with the terrible warping and the orange didn't feel balanced. I didn't mean to use orange. It just happened!

I tried again with a new background paper and only used yellow and white paint. Eh.

I came back to this homemade kit.

And brought in reinforcement from The Pier by Crate Paper.
We'll just have to see if I still like this one in a few days. Right now, I'm really excited about it!

I machine stitched and marker inked the edges of these banner stickers from What a Wonderful Day by Fancy Pants.

I loved fussy cutting these hexagons from Crate Paper! I punched the circles from Indie Chic by My Mind's Eye.

The journaling tag is from Basic Grey and the "property of" spot is from Lime Twist by MME. The brads and "god" alphas are from MME. "Family" is a stamp by Heidi Swapp. I stamped it onto MME paper and fussy cut the image.

The border punch is Fiskars.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

PaperCutsForU said...

I think my favorite part of the new layout is the title. I love the look of "family". I, of course, always adore the hexagon look on pages. The heart is perfect!!

antenucci said...

Love the hexagons. Totally cannot figure out why you would take apart a layout, you obviously don't have enough pictures. You got to snap more, lol! :P