Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

DAD

Here is my kit for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge for February.
I packed it full of stamps and stickers!

A couple of weeks ago, I came home from work and found my husband and son showing off brand new rollerblades. You won't catch me in those things! A couple of days later, I asked my husband if he planned to rollerblade that day and he said, "I don't think I'm getting off this couch today." That was fine with me. He did a stellar job of picking up the house the day before.


Around 3 pm, he grew a wild hair and decided to go rollerblading. He told me he really wanted Chance to learn something and stick to it. So, out they went. I followed along behind and took video and pictures. I finally had to go back inside to tend to the kitchen.

The doorbell rang.

A stranger had to scoop my husband out of the road. He fell and broke his wrist! 
And off to the ER we went.

I followed the February Sketch at Artful Delight. The papers are from Grease Monkey by BoBunny. I used inks and masks by Tim Holtz on the background as well as Glimmer Mist. The border punch is by EK Success.

I must say, I'm not BoBunny's biggest fan. I find that I'm rather clumsy with their products. I have no idea why. I tried to make this LO edgy and grungy and I think it falls a little flat. Oh, well!

I love these alpha stamps by My Sentiments Exactly. They're among my oldest supplies and have withstood many supply purges. I don't use them often but when I do they sure make me happy.

Here we have an assortment of Sticko stickers and brads and a chalkboard sticker by Pink Paislee. "I do all my own stunts" is a clear sticker from The Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby.

11 comments:

glorygirl said...

Oh my goodness!!! Poor guy! This page is awesome! I love the "do my own stunts" sentiment. The gears and arrows are perfect for the page, too. Great detail work on this one!

li-bee-ti said...

Love, love, love the colors and the gears in your kit!
And what a perfect boyish layout! love all the masking, inking and the gears here.

mandysea said...

oooh and meant to say how fabulous your LO is... but 'ouch'! What a great photo! Love how you did your title!

Angela Toucan said...

fabulous biysy kit, love the cog shapes.

great page too.

Rose said...

ouch! your poor hubby!!
love your misting and take on the sketch :)
So glad you joined us on Artful Delight this month.

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

So....I am trying really, really hard not to laugh because that is an AWFUL thing to happen to your hubby, but the story is kind of funny and the layout is a riot!

MiliPea Designs said...

I think you are so wrong...this layout is does not fall flat at all! I love it. The job you did on the inking and misting is perfect!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

The "I do my own stunts" stamp completely makes this page!haha Great page!

Ashley Horton said...

Great page! Love the misting, the pops of color, and the stamping!! Awesome use of the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Artful Delight!

Jennifer Grace said...

Great kit, I love the cogs and the daily junque stickers!

But oh no for your poor husband, that's so frustrating and painful I'm sure. I hope it doesn't put him off rollerblading for good! I like the grungy effect on your layout, it's really cool. x

Unknown said...

I often feel the same way about Bo Bunny. I love the stamp "I do my own stunts", in this case it was entirely true but resulted in misfortune. I hope he is feeling better now.