Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentines for Teachers

It's a Sunday like any other today. Cooking, cleaning, and getting things in order for the week. With all my time at home last week, I was able to finish my Valentine projects for my son's teachers.

I decided to go with matchbox boxes. I accidentally cut them out way too big with my Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Cricut cartridge, but it actually worked out perfectly. You'll see why further down.

I used papers from Uncommon by Authentique. I love the modern pink, grey, and cream color combination and thought it was perfect this project. I used brads by My Mind's Eye for the drawer pulls. In the above photo, you can see a peek of some Pink Paislee tape on the corner of the pull out tray. I did that to reinforce durability.

The second box. My son has two classroom teachers. The fancy frame cuts and butterfly are Decorative Butterfly Border dies from Heartfelt Creations. The oval is also cut from Spellbinder dies. I topped the butterfly with silver embossing.

Here is why the six inches turned out to be perfect. I originally planned to fill the box with Kisses but got a huge hint about a love for peanut butter and chocolate. They don't match my box... I don't think the recipients will mind.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: