Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

you said what?

I have a long list of cards I'm supposed to be working on this weekend but I got distracted by a really cool sketch at Scrap Friends.

I actually started a layout years ago about the fun ways my toddler son said things. You know, his "toddler speak." I never finished the layout but I was very grateful that I had a nice working list of his language. I definitely would have forgotten some of them.

The papers are from Sam's Collection by Scribble Scrabble, a discontinued manufacturer. I only had three sheets and was a little worried about getting a whole layout done. I definitely used all three sheets! I used a stamp from Fresh Mod by Fancy Pants on the background. Those 12x12 sets originally cost $40 but I found two sets for $20 at an Archiver's clearance sale! Impulse shopping at it's finest, wouldn't you say?

Lots of different brands going here. The label sticker is Crate Paper and the bar code thingy is a rub on from Close to My Heart. There's a grungeboard heart and a chipboard accent from Wild Saffron by K and Company. I punched the hearts with some old Sizzix paddle punches. The ephemera card is 7Gypsies and the journaling card is by October Afternoon. The clear ledger piece is by May Road and the "You Said What" title piece was cut from a journaling tag by My Mind's Eye. I think the monster is from Recollections.

The tab is by Crate Paper and the arrows are rub ons from Rough and Tough by Fancy Pants.

Some details. I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the grungeboard hearts. The little doodled rectangles are from Rough and Tough by Fancy Pants.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I'm glad you enjoy our sketches....Angela's a v talented lady....I love using them too....gorgeous LO ...I've just gotten a grandson...must remember to jot down his toddler speak when he starts, too :):):)

PaperCutsForU said...

This turned out fabulous of course!! Love the purple monster! and I LOVED really his toddler speak!